Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why haven't I been writing?

This is a question I have been asked, and that I have asked myself. And the answer is: I don't know.

I think I'm going through a bit of a dry spell creatively. It may seem strange to refer to this blog as a creative outlet, but it's true, in many ways. Writing here is a different kind of writing for me than the kind I do for school.

So I'm feeling uncreative right now. It's not that there's nothing going on--quite the opposite, in fact. Our lives are packed full, and that's reflected in the lack of writing here, too.

I think rather than taking a hiatus, which is my inclination, I will do the opposite. I will try to post something here every day for the next thirty days. Some days it might just be a picture, or a Charlotte-ism. But there'll be something here. Hopefully it'll prod my creative side back to life.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I commend this commitment. I'm trying to post for thirty straight days, too. Excellent. Hope you're all doing well.

Anonymous said...

Okay by accident I responded to this post on an earlier post, but I am old so it is okay. Mom