Friday, February 27, 2009

Sorry about leaving the creepy eyeball photos up there for so long!

I'm just back from Sam's two-month check-up. Over the past few weeks, I've noticed Sam getting...cheekier. Plumper. Downright fat. I was right: 14 pounds, 2 ounces and 24 1/2 inches tall--94th percentile for both. And his tiny head is growing, too: up from the 10th percentile to the 30th this month. Whew.

Two nights ago, I came home from my night class around 10 p.m. Sam had been in bed for an hour and a half. I did some work on my computer for a while, and then headed up to bed. But instead of sleeping, I stayed up talking to Jeff and reading. I was anticipating a midnight wakeup, you see.

Finally, around 1:30 a.m., I gave up waiting for Sam to wake up and went to sleep. I woke bleary-eyed and achey-chested (sorry!) and rolled over to see the clock: 4:45 a.m. What!? I lay there for a moment before hearing him sigh a little over the monitor, saving me from having to get up to go check on him. The next time I woke up it was to Sam crying. This time it was 6 a.m. He had slept through the night, something his big sister didn't do until she was nearly 7 months old!

Of course, that feat was not replicated last night. But still!

I hope to post some pictures of my giant baby tonight. But for now, duty calls!

1 comment:

momdadtig said...

Can't wait to see that giant baby and his giant baby head and giant baby cheeks.....how about a short video when he's gurgling and cooing and flailing and doing whatever he does best? Yes, even filling his drawers.... (nana)