Thursday, November 26, 2009

Apparently I'm getting up in about six hours to go be trampled by a mob of psychotic shoppers, among whom will be my mother. Can't wait!

So I invite you over to flickr to check out some photos of our lovely post-feast walk today out at Clinton Lake.

I am thankful for many, many things today, not least among them the amazing food we were privileged to eat together in our comfortable home. I'm glad Sam's fever broke and he was back to his old happy self today. I'm less glad that he pooped his pants so violently this afternoon that I was washing feces out of his hairline. I'm thankful Charlotte was a sweetheart today, and that she ate some real food, and that she says so many hilarious things that I can't remember them all, but I do remember laughing all day long. I'm glad my family could come down and help justify the preparation and consumption of a first-class Thanksgiving meal.

And I'm thankful for you, the readers of this blog, for giving me this creative outlet. Thanks.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I've been reading everyday and laughing on most of them. Good, solid November work.

megs said...

Oh my gosh! Hank pooped himself so amazingly while at my SIn-Laws' house that he befouled his onesie, his over shirt, his pants, his SOCKS, his high chair straps, and, then, as I was changing him, the floor. Thankfully I had the foresight to change him on the tile floor of their bathroom rather than the guest bed where Baby Daddy's sister would be sleeping.

I have never dealt with such an extreme blowout before. Holy cats. It's so funny that Sam had the same thing happen on this cherished holiday.