Friday, November 06, 2009

Man, I hate to be cliched, but this DST time change is kicking our collective butts over here.

The kids just can't/won't sleep past 6:15 a.m. And somehow, we can't manage to get them in bed early enough to make that a real full night of sleep. I mean, you try putting kids to bed at 5:30 p.m.

And somehow, that extra forty-five minutes of sleep in the morning was apparently what it took to make the difference between Functional Jana and Barely-Hanging-On Jana.

And it's equally difficult to convince myself to go to bed when I should. 10 p.m. sounds like a pretend bedtime.

Plus, that was fifteen minutes ago, and I still have grading to do.

I hate you, DST.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it sounds lame, but I'm having trouble with the DST too! Cats are begging for food 1.5 hrs ahead of time and it'll take me 4ever to get them back on schedule. Not at tough as kids, I know, but it's totally been messing up my sleep schedule.

Dale Deur said...

As of 5:45 this morning, Nana D is on the way to help. I'm sure you'll get a napping/grading opportunity whilst she reads Franklin books to Miss C & Sam.

Megs said...

I remember when you commented that DST kind of helped in C's case a few years ago, and I thought "that's crazy, the time change can only mean doom." But it did "help" in that Hank wakes up so early now (was waking at five, so now four) that I can actually justify an elaborate put back to bed routine in order for everyone to sleep until 6:30 or 7, even if it takes an hour to get another hour. Of course, it's soooooo hard to keep him up until even 6/6:30, and he was still up 3 times last night for some reason. Gah.